Garden Design with Sleepers and Gravel. The use of gravel or sand to secure sleepers is a popular alternative to concrete. Simply dig a shallow trench and place your sleepers down onto your newly created gravel or sand-based foundation.
Also Read: Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark
Garden Design with Sleepers and Gravel
What do you put under sleepers in the garden?
What plants go in sleepers?
- Festuca glauca ‘Intense Blue (‘Casblue’) (PBR)’ – blue fescue. …
- Parthenocissus tricuspidata | Boston ivy/RHS Gardening. …
- Lavandula angustifolia ‘Hidcote’ | English lavender ‘Hidcote ‘/RHS Gardening. …
- Ceanothus thyrsiflorus var. …
- Buy Carex morrowii Ice Dance (Sedge) in the UK. …
- Please Wait.
What can you make with railway sleepers?
- Raised beds. You can use softwood or hardwood railway sleepers to make raised beds for flowers or vegetables.
- Lawn or path edging.
- A children’s sandpit.
- Retaining wall.
- Garden furniture.